Happy New Year!

Well, another year is nearly over. I've met loads of wonderful people and made new friends. The photography business is ever changing and we've all got to acknowledge this and adapt and improvise if we're to survive!

I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone who's attended a workshop or photo walk during 2009 and look forward to meeting you again in 2010. We'll shortly be introducing a whole set of new workshops, some of which will be run at weekends.

Also, I'd like to give special thanks to Park Cameras, Snapperstuff, Bogen Imaging, Think Tank Photo, Hoodman & iCap Photo for their support during the last 12 months.

If any of you have any ideas for workshops or photo walks, do let me know via the contacts page at www.ukphotowalks.com. Your comments, input and feedback are invaluable to us. Without it we can't produce the workshops you the photographers need.

We didn't quite have a white Christmas, but what snow we did have the week prior to Christmas gave me an unexpected break from work an excuse (as if I ever need one) to pick up a camera and go for a walk. Here's just one of the frames I created.

Canon EOS 5D Mk II, 24 - 105 mm f4 IS L Series, tripod

This just goes to show that you need not go far to find striking images. This one was created within 1km of my home in a woodland frequented by the local dog walkers! Remember - think with your eyes, that's where the great images start. The camera is just a tool to record your vision.

Wishing you all a prosperous, happy and healthy 2010.

Ian

Comments

Popular Posts