Rogue FlashBender 2 XL Pro Strip Grid for Close-Up Photography
Some wind-borne seeds of a typical English spring flower, the Primrose (Primula vulgaris) have germinated in a joint between paving slabs in our back yard, so I took the opportunity to get a quick frame or two using a Rogue FlashBender 2 XL Pro Strip Grid.
As you can see from the above behind the scenes (BTS) frame, not really the most inspiring location; I decided to get down to the level of the plant with the aid of a Steady Bag from Visual Departures in the US - this allowed me to position the camera with macro lens, Young Nuo trigger & cable remote release close to ground level. The cable remote release is essential when working close-up to prevent camera movement, a danger when pressing the shutter release.
- Rogue FlashBender 2 XL Pro Strip Grid
- Spun diffusion sheet from LEE Filters (215 ½ Tough Spun) for a tad fill
- Yong Nuo 622c transceiver attached to a Frio Cold Shoe
- Umbrella Swivel KS-101 from Kupo Grip
- Magic Arm from Manfrotto
- Floor stand/Back light base 003 from Manfrotto. Part of the Magic Arm kit
- Steady Bag from Visual Departures
- Camera with macro lens, right angle viewfinder accessory & YN622x TX TTL flash controller
- Cable remote release to reduce/prevent vibration & movement when releasing the shutter
White balance 5750K
Unlit snap, straight out of camera!
I said quick - it did take a little effort, but the results are worthwhile.
Rogue FlashBenders are available worldwide. In the UK they are now available from Colour Confidence.
If you're serious about your photographic lighting then maybe The LIGHT Side Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/thelightsidegroup/ will interest you. It's about all things to do with light and lighting. TLS is a closed group so someone will need to add you or you'll need to send a request to be added. It's a friendly group, with a degree of humour and some great photographers willing to share and contribute.